SNC Challenge -10
Hi my dear SNC group !!!Am so happy to complete the 10th challenge ...As you all know there is an event going on +Divya Pramil space You Too Can Cook .. The event is all about two teams north and south team ..A member from north team and a member south team respectively will challenge the opposite team members with a recipe from their respective zone and opposite teams have to post the same recipe on their Blog .. this takes place every month .. The idea of this event is that we learn so many different recipes from different zones .. Hats off to divya for this great idea .. click here to partcipate
An update on whats going on till now in SNC challenge:
Challenge 1- October month's challenge
North team Host shruti dhingra from " shruti's rasoi"- Bhel puri
South team Host divya from "Divya's culinary journey "- Mysore pak
Challenge 2- November month's challenge
North team host Pallavi from "cook -eat- burrp" - Gulab jamun
South team host Yashodha from "yashodha's kitchen" - Adhirasam
Challenge 3- December month's challenge
North team Host Meena from " Random rambling " - Misal pav
South team Host Sherin from " Kuk's kitchen" - Medu vada
Challenge 4- Janurary month's challenge
North team Host " me " (Manjula bharath) from "Desi fiesta" - Rajasthani mini ghevar topped with kesar rabdi
South team Host Ramya from " Lemon Kurry" - Vada curry
Challenge 5 - February month's challenge
North team's host Sanoli from Sanoli's recipes- Green pea kachori with dum aloo
South teams's host Tamil from Tamil's kitchen- paal kozhukattai
Challenge 6 - March month's challenge
North team's host Kirti Choudhary Kardam from Flavour's from my kitchen- Chana Dal Halwa/Barfi
South team's host Sawsthi from Indian healthy recipes - Vegetable Hyderbadi Biryani
Challenge 7 - April Month's challenge
North team's host Hetal from Gjurati zaika- Khandvi
South team's host Shama from Easy2cookrecipes - Palm jaggery aapam
Challenge 8 - May Month's challenge
North team's host Nabanita das from Esho-besho aahare - Dokar dalna .
South team's host Roha from Hyderbadi cuisine - Kurbani ka meetha.
Challange 9- June Month's challenge
North team's host Chandrani Banerjee from cuisine delights - Channar jelebi
South team's host Priya suresh from Priya's verstile recipes :)
Challenge 10 - July Month's challenge
North Team's Host " Me :) " - Rajasthani Thali click here
South Teams Host sowmya of Nivedhanam- Vendayakeerai Parupu Urundai Mor Kuzhambu Click here
This month's Host Nivedhanams Sowmya had challenged an delicious and healthy Mor kozhambu . We loved this delicious and different urundai kozhambu a lot :) As i didn't have fresh methi i used kasoori methi for this recipe but i will surely try it fresh methi too. This an an traditinal south indian kozhambu variety with is made with Curd and so it is called Mor kozhambu . Last month we made a delicious chettinadu pakoda kozhambu and here we are with another kozhambu variety challenged by south team :)
Thanks to sowmya for sharing this delicious and healthy kozhambu.. we loved it a lot.Lets see how to make this yummy kozhambu..
For Mor Kuzhambu
Tuvaram Parupu / Toor Dal – 2 tbsp
Kadalai Parupu / Channa Dal – 2 tbsp
Red Chili – 2
Green Chili – 4
Coconut – ½ cup
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Curd – 2 Cups
Asafeotida – ¼ tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 6
Oil – 1tsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
For Paruppu Urundai
Tuvaram Parupu / Toor Dal – ½ cup
Red Chili – 5
Asafeotida – ¼ tea spoon
Salt – ½ tea spoon
Turmeric – ¼ tea spoon
Venthaya Keerai / Kasoori Methi / Methi Leaves – ¼ cup ( I used kasoorthi methi for making these urndai )
For the morkuzhambu
- Soak the toor dal and channa dal for 1 hour.
- Grind the dal with green chili, cumin seeds and coconut.
- Add this to the well beaten curd and set aside
- Soak the toor dal for 1 hour. Grind this with red chili without adding water. No water should be added.
- Make it to a coarse paste.
- Add the kasoori methi or the fresh fenugreek leaves and mix well. Also add salt, turmeric and asafeotida.
- Make small balls (little smaller than lime) and arrange them on a greased idli plate and steam cook the balls for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove the balls once done and set aside.
How to proceed ?
- Heat the mor kuzhambu mixture and bring it to a simmer. Now add the balls slowly and allow it to cook until the balls float on top.
- Heat a small pan and add oil, once hot crackle the mustard seeds. Add the red chili and curry leaves and add this to the parupu urundai mor kuzhambu
- Now the vendaya keerai parupu urundai mor kuzhambu is ready to be served.
- Serve this Kozhambu with steamed rice and any stir fry / poriyal as side for this. Even fryums will go with this delicious kozhambu :)
- As time passes the kozhambu becomes thicker n thicker if you want you can some water and re heat the kozhambu it one boil.
- I used Dried kasoori methi but you can use the fresh fenugreek leaves even.
- Add asfoetida so that this kozhambu is easily digestable as we a are making use of dals in this .
- You can increase the amount of green chilli if you are a spice lover.