Today's recipe is filled with chocolaty gudness and this was the surprise cake i made for my H for his b'day :) .. He loved this cake so much as it was " Eggless butterless" and above all i decorated them with fresh fruits made them look more inviting. H was so impressed and loved this surprise cake . This is an delicious and simple eggless and butterless cake which was so so soft and moist . This cake is sure an yummy and tasty delight prefect for b'day's as people now days our so diet conscious. This will make them eat 2 pieces instead of one as they are butter less :) Lets Move on to the recipe ..
All-purpose flour / maida - 2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cups (1 cup if you are not using frosting)
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup (you can decrease the quantity if you want)
Vegetable oil/ Olive oil - 1/2 cup (i used cooking olive oil)
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence / extract - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 F (180 C )
- Grease a cake pan with some butter or ghee and dust some flour in the pan . This works best and avoids sticking of cake in the pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add sugar and mix together.
- Next, add oil, water, milk and vanilla and mix thoroughly, Mixing the batter in one direction.
- At last mix in lemon juice and mix till they are combined . Do not over mix them.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 45 mins or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool them completely on a wire rack and frost them with butter cream frosting
- I decorated my cake with fresh strawberries, rasberries and sprinklers :). I also drizzled some chocolate sauce on each slice while serving.
- You can decorate these cake as you wish i decorated mine with berries.
- You can also use this cake vegan by adding almond milk or soy milk instead of whole milk.
- I found that making cakes with oil makes them stay longer than 1 one day .
- Store the cake in an air tight container you an refrigerator or keep them at room temperature . It tastes fresh the next day too.
- After transferring the batter in the cake pan do not let is stand bake them ASAP.