I have been in love with these pull apart breads as this was the first time i made breads they where really yummy and i love to add my touch in any recipe and so tried my hands with these delicious bread . You all would have seen my rainbow bread , I had some left over dough so thinking of what to do with the dough i got an idea of turning them in to sweet pull apart bread and this recipe was the result :) So i had 2 recipes already to challenge for my HBC group. Am this month's Host and glad that all loved this pull apart breads . This is my second bread for HBC challenge .. Lets Move on to the recipe ..
Bread dough ( i used the leftover bread dough from My rainbow bread - for dough recipe click here )
Note : you can also use dinner roll to make this pull apart
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup (approx) chocolate chips ( i used milk chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray fluted tube cake pan/ loaf pan/ bunt pan with cooking spray.Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Divide dough into 24 pieces; roll each piece into a ball.
- In each divided roll stuff some chocolate chipes and seal them nicely so that the chocolate don't come out
- In small bowl, stir together brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Dip 10 balls of dough into 1/2 cup melted butter, tapping off excess; roll in brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place coated balls in single layer to cover bottom of pan.
- Spoon half of the strawberries over layer of dough.
- Dip 10 more balls of dough into butter and coat with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture; arrange in single layer over strawberries.
- Top with remaining strawberries. Dip remaining balls of dough into butter and coat with brown sugar-cinnamon mixture; arrange in layer over strawberries.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove bread from oven; cool in pan on cooling rack 5 minutes. Place serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove the pan. enjoy these pull apart/ monkey bread warm :)
- Monkey bread is best served the day it’s made, but if you want to store it and serve it another day, keep it covered, in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- To reheat, place in 200°F oven until thoroughly heated.