Salads are My all time fav and i skip lunch and have salads instead some times . Today am here with an delicious salad recipe to share which have become mine and H's fav salad . I have always loved the flavors in Greek style dishes! So this salad has all the flavour of Mediterranean incorporated to which i have made some change .This recipe is highly nutritious as it makes a great side dish, or quick and healthy snack by itself..It can also be made as an wonderful salad topper that pairs perfect with a grilled foods .. Thank so much to +Shobha Keshwani ji of Food Mazza to bring this to potluck party this month :) We enjoyed this fresh salad completely .
Chickpeas 1 cup (boiled)
Tomatoes 1 (diced) ( I have used cherry tomatoes)
Onion 1 chopped into small pieces
Cilatro / Parsley .... handful (chopped ) you may substitute it with coriander
Paneer - 2 tbsp (cut in to small pieces)
For the dressing
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Lemon juice or vinegar .. 1 tbsp ( I have used White Vinegar )
Garlic 1 cloves (crushed)
Hung curd / thick yogurt ... 1 tbsp
Black pepper - For seasoning (to taste)
Salt to taste
Cumin pd - 1 tsp
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing in the salad ingredients and toss them well with the help of fork and Spoon till well combined.
- Refrigerate and serve it chilled.
- You can use Tofu/ feta cheese instead of paneer. The original recipes call for feta cheese but i made them with paneer.
- You can also add parsley to the recipe for extra flavour .
- This salad taste more delicious when served chilled.
- If you don't find cherry tomato you can chop the whole tomato and add to the salad.