Am so happy that we have already kick started our BM this month so many delicious recipes from my dear co blogger's :) and here i am with second Letter for this month Blogging Marathon . For B i have chosen an healthy and very very delicious fries - B for Baked Jicama Fries in International recipe as theme . I picked this delicious veggie from grocer after studying a lot of healthy stuffs about this Mexican veggie.
Jicama is a crispy, sweet, edible tuber that resembles a turnip in physical appearance, although the plants are not related. It has been cultivated in South America for centuries, and the vegetable is quite popular in Mexican cuisine. Jicama's unique flavor lends itself well to salads, salsas, and vegetable platters.
Most jicama recipes involve shredding or dicing the vegetable and tossing it into some kind of salad. But if we make them in to fries they turn more yummier and flavorful. These spicy jicama fries are great healthy snacks with lots of crunch and flavor.
1 Medium Sized Jicama (at least 1 pound)
1/4 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Taco spice pd
1/4 tsp Paprika pd
1 tsp lemon juice (squeezed from a fresh lemon)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice jicama into ½” thick sticks (french fry style).
This what Jicama look like
Pic courtesy :Here
- Pour the oil, salt, onion powder and taco spice powder into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the jicama sticks to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Lay the jicama sticks on to a parchment paper/Silpat lined baking sheet (leave space between the pieces)
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, tossing half way through baking time.
- Remove from oven and squeeze lime over the fries.
- Serve hot.
- You could also use spray olive oil if you want to use less oil.
- You can also serve as a salad by mixing and ingredients and serving them raw.
Logo courtesy : Preeti
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32