Today an sharing a sweet and sour condiment which is very popular in Vietnam and generally kept on any dinner table.This sauce is originally made with fish sauce instead of soy sauce am sharing a veg version here. This condiment goes well with spring rolls or any asian crepes .
Even we tried with some frozen samosa they acted like meethi chutney to us. So for today's blogging marathon Letter N i chose Nuoc Cham chay under street food/ condiments .This simple, ready to make condiment famous with Vietnamese.They can also be served with any sweet and sour soup you just have to serve it with soup and let the guest top this sauce over the soup how much ever he / she likes. Lets move on to the quick recipe of making Vegetarian sauce
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp white vinger
5 tbsp boiling water
4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon
1 tbsp Red chilli sauce
1/4 tsp dry chilli flakes
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, Red chilli sauce and soy sauce in a bowl .
- Take another bowl dissolve the sugar in the boiling water.
- Let the water cool to room temperature.
- Now Mix the sugar water in to the soy sauce mixture
- At last mix in chilli flakes as required .
- An delicious Vegetarian Nouc cham chay (condiment) is ready to serve.
Instead of chilli flakes you can cut some thai Red chillies and add to this sauce.
Logo courtesy : Preeti
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32