I have been experimenting with baking lately and this is one such experiment I did with a delicious fruit " Pear". Pear is a good source of fibre and vitamin C which is high in water content and our fav fruit. It is said that if you keep pears near bananas they ripen faster and so I did and pear got ripen Now i wanted to make baked pears But could not do it after seeing ripe and soft pears so I experimented this delicious and super soft vegan cake .
My H didn't believe that it was totally vegan because they where super soft . Surprisingly My daughter who never like to have a cake had this super soft cake and enjoyed them. So I am choosing this healthy vegan cake for Letter P - Pear Puree cake for Blogging marathon under Baking Theme . Lets Move on to the recipe to make this super soft cake.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 ripe pears
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp Baking pd
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
- Peel and slice pears removing the core part.
- In a blender puree the pears add brown sugar to it and give it a pulse till well combined.
- Now add oil, sugar to the puree and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Grease and flour a cake pan or I made use of 2 small bundt pan , 1 silicion pan and a ramekin so that i can serve them in single serving.
- Now sieve the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add pear mixture to dry ingredients and add vanilla essence to it. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 - 30 mins or till a tooth pick inserted in to the cake comes clean .
- After which cool them and remove them from pan serve it with some chocolate sauce topped on it or as is .
Logo courtesy : Preeti
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32