This banana nut muffins was supposed to be my HBC challenge last month been challenged by +Shama Nagarajan but some how I missed to post this. So here I am here with a delicious moist and super healthy cupcakes . If you have over riped bananas and don't know what to do with them they are very very useful for making cakes as the sugar in the riped bananas will help to sweeten the cake so well and leaves out a very nice aroma in baked goodies. I always make use of the ripened banana in cakes and muffins which is an effective and delicious way to use them than using for any other sweets. You can add any nuts you wish here walnut goes well but you can add pecans and almonds too if you wish. These can be enjoyed as a muffin or can be frosted with butter cream or fresh cream frosting and turned in to cupcakes.
As whole wheat flour is used for these muffins/ cupcakes they are highly nutritive and a filling breakfast muffins . Lets move on to the recipe.
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup oat bran
1 tbsp ground Flax seeds (soaked in 3 Tbsp water for 5 mins)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl sieve Flour , baking pd, baking soda , salt.
- Mix in the oat bran, walnuts in flour mixture.
- In another bowl mash banana, add flax seed mixture, oil, vanilla extract,milk and mix well.
- Now Mix in the we ingredient slowly to the dry four ingredient with out any lumps.
- Spoon into a the lined muffin tin / cupcakes mould and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool them a bit and remove the muffins/ cupcakes from the mould .
- Frost these cupcakes with butter cream frosting or sieve some sugar on top and enjoy.
You can convert these cupcakes to cake by adding a little extra milk and making it a semi liquid consistency and bake them in cake pan
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33.