Am a chocolate lover and i know you all too are :) . So here i bought to a sinful and all time fav chocolate pudding for people who are carving for some chocolate sweets . I learnt this when i was studying Home science and didn't get a chance to try it at home though . When I saw BM themes -Chocolates then this pudding popped up in my mind and wanted to include this the theme as it fits perfect to theme. I learn't to cook only after i joined Home science in 11th std we used have a month where we used to set a canteen for whole school students in which we used sell bread jam , gulab jamun and other snacks, pickle , jams, squash studying Home science was Lot of fun.
Chocolate Pudding is nothing but a chocolate custard which is set using starch and they are smooth in texture . It is a variation of chocolate custard where starch is used to thicken and set instead of eggs. Now lets Move to the eggless version of chocolate pudding . Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33.
3 tbsp Vanilla Custard Pd/ corn starch ( I used custard pd)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Salt a pinch
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( if using corn starch)
11/2 cups Whole milk
5 tbsp Powdered sugar ( adjust to your taste)
1-2 Chopped Almonds ( To garnish)
- In a bowl Mix cocoa pd, salt,custard pd,1/2 cup milk without any lumps and set a side .
- In a sauce pan boil the milk and lower the flame after it boils.
- Add the custard cocoa milk mixture to the Boiled milk and stir continuously, keep the flame low.
- At one stage it will start to thicken and come together leaving the sauce pan you will be able to see the sauce pan now. Stir continuously else it might form lumps.
- Turn off the flame and add butter to it give it a mix and transfer it to serving dish.
- Cling wrap the serving bowls and refrigerate for 1- 2 hour .
- Serve them garnished with chopped almonds.
- If you are using Corn starch only then add vanilla extract to the pudding else it is not required .
- You can use fat free milk too but whole milk gives the best sinful taste .