I was craving for chocolates and what's better than a mug cake made with chocolate and nutella . I love nutella on my toasts and also to lick as is ... they are so addictive and tend to lick at least 3 tbsp as is if i use them in any dish :P . So for the chocolate lovers this delicious and quick mug cake would be like a heaven . My chocolate addiction is getting seen through the BM theme as this week I have chosen chocolate as the theme .
Mug cakes are very easy to make and fuss free desserts which you can be just mixed and baked , Had in jiffy when you are craving for some cakes. They are quick to make in microwave and generally takes only 2 - 4 mins to get done . A single serving can be made this way in a mug so that they are made super quick and enjoyed . Adding nutella to this Mug cake makes it highly chocolaty in taste . Lets Move on to the recipe to make this simple yet a delicious mug cake . Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33.
Maida / All purpose flour - 4 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa pd - 3 tbsp
Condensed Milk - 1/4 cup
Nutella - 3 heaped tbsp
Vanilla essence - a drop ( optional)
Milk - 1/4 cup
Baking pd - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp ( I used cooking olive oil )
- In a Bowl combine all the ingredients and transfer them to a mug (or ) you can mix all the ingredients in a mug you are going to use for baking.
- Mix them till a smooth batter is formed .
- Microwave for 1 1/2 - 3 minutes depending on you microwave wattage.
- Dust some powdered sugar and enjoy them warm.
- I tried baking them in oven too by adding baking soda to the batter and they came out super moist , So you can bake this cake in oven too by adding Baking soda 1/4 tsp to the recipe given.
- The mug should be half filled allowing the rest of the space to rise the cake . It means fill only 1/2 or 3/4 of the cup with batter so that there is enough room for it to rise .
- You can top the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup if you like.
- Mug cakes taste good if they are had warm.