This was suppose to be my 3 day combo platter am a bit late but wanted to complete this month's BM successfully . So this is the 3 rd combo platter which is an experiment from my kitchen again . Aloo tikki's are all time fav for me and H so wanted to include them in this combo platter and also made a Aloo tikki taco with it which I loved a lot . Fusion cooking is always been my fantasy and this is a great theme to knock my brains door and create some unusual combination so came an idea to Mix up tikkis with taco.
I made this Hot dog Tikki Taco with the potato pattie / tikki and gave it a sausage shape , so this a pure vegetarian Hot dog taco . It was a very delicious snack time treat for us . I made the tikkis a bit spicy but change the spice level as per your taste . They are very yummy to have when they are warm. Lets move on to the recipe of my 3 combo platter in the series . Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33.
For aloo Tikki
Boiled Potato - 2 No
Onion ( chopped ) - 1/4 cup
Red chilli pd - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp ( chopped )
Green chillies - 2 -3 Nos ( Chopped)
Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
Til Tomato Chutney
Tomato - 1 No
Red chillies - 2- 3 Nos
Til / sesame seeds - 1 1/2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
oil - 1 tsp
salt to taste
Hot Dog Tikki Taco
Coriander leaves for garnish
For Aloo Tikki
- In a bowl mash the potatoes and Mix in red chilli pd ,turmeric pd,onion, green chilli, coriander leaves , salt and Mix well.
- Divide the mixture in to equal parts and shape them in roundels or elongated shapes.
- Coat the tikki's with bread crumbs from all side and set them aside
- Heat a griller or tawa and roast the shaped tikkis till they turn golden brown from both sides .
- Flip the tikki's and roast them in medium flame so that they get cooked well.
If you feel the potato mixture contains more moisture and if you are unable to shape them then you can add 1-2 tsp of rice flour for binding.
For Til Tomato chutney
- In pan heat oil add red chilli , til/ sesame seeds and roast the for a while .
- Then add ginger garlic paste , Tomato and saute them till the peel of the tomato is well cooked .
- Add salt and Transfer this mixture to a Blender .
- Grind them to fine paste , No need to add water to this .
- Serve them as accompaniment for tikki/ cutlets or even with Momos.
Hot dog Tikki Taco
- Follow the instruction in your taco container to heat them .
- spread a little tomato sauce inside the taco and top it with some sliced cabbage.
- Place the elongated tikki's in it and at last with add some chutney on top.
- Warm them in microwave and enjoy.
You can also include some beans , lettuce to the taco .