Today as this is the first edition of cooking from Cookbook challenge. I love to hunt for cook books with some traditional and unknown recipes but try them so rarely so this event will help me to try more recipes from the cook books I own . Thanks to +Srivalli Jetti who is the brain child of this lovely thought of making use of our offline sources this way effectively . So am here with first post for this event .
As halloween is nearing here I found the " Best halloween treats " Cook Book and wanted make a refreshing juice for halloween . You might be wondering what??? Did i make beer ???.. Certainly Not It was a beer recipe But we drank it as an juice but I have given how to turn them Beer too. As the pics in the cook book attracted me to make this Beer which i turned to an Non alcoholic drink . I have tweaked the recipe and made this as a delicious juice.This is a perfect halloween juice /Beer .Lets Move on to the recipe ..
Recipe Source : Best halloween Treats cook book
Juice from 4 -5 orange
Ginger- 2 pieces finger size (chopped)
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup hot water
1 orange ( to grate the zest)
1 cup Sprinkling water (chilled)
Ice cubes (if needed)
- Grate the zest from lemon and orange and keep it aside .
- Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon and keep it aside.
- In a blender put the chopped ginger, sugar, honey and give it a pulse.
- Add orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, hot water and blend them till well combined.
- Refrigerator this for 2-3 hours /If you refrigerate for more than 24 hours or up to 5 days you can taste a real beer But we drank them as a juice though.
- In a glass fill this juice 3/4 and then top the sprinkling water to it.
- If needed add crushed ice and serve them chilled.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33