Today's recipe is for potluck party, this month Archana of tangy minds is my partner and she bought this delicious and interesting pakoda which is so very healthy . Am so happy to try it it was simply yumm . This pakoda is made with tapioca / yuca / kappa (in malayalam ) is a very very flavorful and a delicious tea time snack which needs a little time for soaking and grinding but if the batter is ready it can be prepared in minutes . Yuca as per wiki is a manioc tuber which is also known in the name of cassava.
Thanks to archana for sharing this unique and delicious pakoda which i have never ever tried . Tapioca is one veggies I haven't tried and this was the first time i used them in pakodas. They turned out very yummy and now I will try this again and again for sure . Thanks archana we totally loved this unique pakoda and am so happy that i was able give this a try .
1 medium Tapioca/kappa. Peeled and grated.
1/2 Cup Idly rice
1/4 Cup Channa dal
2 tbsp each of Urad dhal,Toor dal,Moong dhal
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
2 no Green Chillies
3 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped.
1/4 Tsp of Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of Fennel Seeds
2- 3 Red chillies (adjust to your taste )
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Soak idly rice along with red chillies and all lentils / dals separately and allow it to rest for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Grate the tapioca/kappa after you peel the skin.Keep aside.
- In a blender jar add the idly rice,red chillies,fennel seeds ,ginger garlic paste and pulse it for about few seconds to get coarse batter like consistency and make sure it should not make them in to very smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground idly rice mixture into the bowl.
- Now grind the lentils / dals in to coarse batter sprinkle water if needed.
- Combine the ground idly rice and dals together.Mix well till well combined .
- Add grated tapioca to it and mix well thoroughly.
- Add finely chopped onions,green chillies (chopped),coriander leaves,turmeric powder and finally add salt.
- In a kadai,Add the oil for deep frying.Make sure it is on medium high heat.
- Make into small sized balls and put in hot oil and fry till it gets brown in color and it gets cooked.
- Serve immediately with any chutney or sauce . goes well with a cup of tea or coffee.
Sending To JCO Potluck
You can also use a paniyaram pan to fry these pakodas in a more healthy way .
Sending to cooks joy