As navratri is nearing and only few days left I wanted make this sundal for this festive occasion . Navratri in India is celebrated in a very grand manner where Bengali's have durga pooja. Hindu's have Golu, And some perform fast the 9 days in this festival. We have pooja for our goddess make sweets and offer her the 9 days but some simple have made it two first and last day and other days they offer gudd or jaggery to goddess.In our home my mom used to make some sweets all 9 days before .
When I was small I always awaited for this navratri arrival as My friends used to call me for visiting their Home to see Golu. Golu is a toy festival celebrated during the festival of Navratri in Southern India.This is an exhibition of various dolls .I always used to get a handful of sundal for one visit to see this Toy exhibition. So here is my fav healthy sundal. So for my first day of BM under festival them I am sharing this delicious sundal navratri spl :) Lets Move on to the recipe.
Soya bean - 1 cup ( soaked for 2 -3 hours in Hot water )
Dried Red chillies - 2 Nos
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 3-4 tbsp
Raw Mango - chopped 1/4 cup
Grated carrot - 1/4 cup
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander leave to garnish
Salt to taste
- I soaked the soya beans on the same day for 3-4 hours in hot water but if you are prepared prior to make them you can soak them overnight.
- Pressure cook soya beans with little water and small amt of salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles ( It shd not turn mushy). strain the water and keep it aside
- In a pan heat oil , add mustard seeds after they splutter add urad dal and curry leaves .
- Saute till the urad dal turns golden brown , then add red chilles , cooked soya beans and mix them well.
- Now add grated carrots , chopped raw mango and saute for while , add grated coconut in the end .
- Add salt as per you taste (remember you have already added salt for soya bean while cooking so add it as needed) ,mix well, garnish with coriander leaves and serve them warm.
- Soya beans can be soaked over nite but if you forgot to do so just soak then in hot water for 2-3 hours and then pressure cook this works as well for me .
- I like to keep the raw Mango in chunks . If you want you can grate them even
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33
Linking it to "Vegan Thursday ". You can check the other members in this new group "Vegan Thrusday" Here.