An halwa with zucchini which i first saw madhur jaffery's cook book which i own and was is my to do list and today on the navratri occasion i got a chance to try this yummy halwa . Halwa's are very very traditional sweets of India and they are prepared in many festive occasions. There are enormous varieties of halwa's been prepared in India , in which Milk halwa's are one such traditional one's. I tweaked the recipe from madhur jaffery's cook book and prepared this delicious Zucchini halwa for this festive occasion . Zucchini is a summer squash which is a international veggies when turned over in to a indian sweet am sure you will be amazed to taste them as they taste truly desi in halwa's .
I have used whole milk and ghee to make it the desi and rich way but you can also try it with low fat milk . Lets move on to the recipe. Linking this CC Challenge of the month Hosted by +Srivalli Jetti
Recipe source : Madhur jaffery's Cook book
2 cups - Grated Zucchini (from 2 medium sized Zucchini)
1 1/2 cup - Milk
1/2 cup - Sugar
1/2 tsp - Cardamom ( optional)
A pinch - Green color
2 tbsp - Ghee
3-4 No's - Chopped Pistachios
- In a pan heat the ghee and saute the grated zucchini for few mins.
- Now add in the milk and cook till all the liquid evaporates and forms a mass.
- After all the liquid in the milk evaporates and forms a mass , add the sugar , cardamom, green color and stir well continuously.
- Stir till the sugar is combined well and the mixture comes together in halwa consistency .
- The ghee in the halwa should leave the sides and the halwa should no more stick to the pan while stirring. Do not over cook though the halwa should be melt in mouth consistency.
- Garnish with some chopped pistachios . serve them warm.
Sending to cooks joy