Capsicum is an delicious veggies which we can find in many colors . I love capsicum and potato combo and also paneer tikka with capsicum . Capsicum is one of my fav veggies i love to add capsicum in pav bhaji , and mixed vegetable curry they leave out the a peppery aroma and the helps in spicing up the gravy . When it comes to south indian cuisine my first most loved dish is kara kuzhambu I love them spicy . So for this weeks BM i had an option of trying different recipes with capsicum other than the veggie's I usually try . I chose the theme cooking with capsicum for this week and am glad to try this delicious kuzhambu for a difference with capsicum in it. Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34.
Capsicum puli kuzhambu is like a normal kara kuzhambu But addition of capsicum bring out a lot of aroma to the kuzhambu and also helps to spice up the gravy well . The chunks of capsicum brings an very delightful taste to this kuzhambu. Serve this kuzhambu with steamed rice and applam / papad to accompany. Lets move to the recipe for this yummy and flavorful kuzhambu .
Capsicum - 1 No ( deseeded and chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Onion - 1 No (chopped)
Tomato - 1 small ( chopped)
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Coriander pd - 1 tsp
Red chilli pd - 1/2 tsp
Cumin pd - 1/4 tsp
Sambhar pd - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
salt to taste
Tamarind - 1 lemon small size ( soak in water for 15 mins and extract the juice )
Coriander leaves - To garnish
- In a saucepan heat oil , add mustard seeds . Once it splutters add curry leaves .
- Then add chopped onion and saute till they turn translucent , then add capsicum and saute them well for a while .
- Now add tomatoes and saute them till they turn mushy .
- Add Red chilli pd, sambhar pd, turmeric pd , coriander pd , cumin pd and mix well.
- Now add 2 cups of water and boil it well till the kuzhambu is a bit thick .Add enough water if to adjust the consistency of the kuzhambu .
- Now add the tamarind juice , salt and mix well simmer and boil the kuzhambu well till the oil gets separated and floats on top and the gravy is a bit thick in consistency .
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve Hot with rice.
I haven't added fenugreek seeds if you want you can add it while tempering.