She is was an fabulous chef and a fantastic teacher . I always wanted to take part in her cooking demo's she organised in chennai but for some reason was not able to attend. She is the first person to bring different cuisines at our home with her easy to follow tutorials . I always loved her cooking and she was my fav chef . It was so saddening to know that she is no more I wish her soul rest in peace . Even though she is not with us her cookbooks , channels , shows will always remind us about this queen of cuisines. When BM member decided to make a tribute post in honour of this cooking queen i wanted to be a part too so made this cream of tomato soup from her youtube channel where she has a very very easy to follow recipes .
Tarla dalal the queen of cuisines will always remain in our hearts with her delicious recipes and charming smiles in her videos. I always use to watch her first show "cook it up with tarla dalal" and used to try some of her recipes I haven't learn't so much about cooking even from my mom but tarla dalal mam have been a great inspiration and have thought so many recipes from cuisines all over the world . I love her website and still try many recipes from there . Thanks to her kind heart she had been a great person to share recipes . All the appreciation we got from our family with her recipes its all her kind heart who wanted to share some techniques and make us a proud cook . An tribute to this great person -"Queen of cuisines" - Tarla dalal .
Red Ripe Tomato - 3 medium ( Chopped )
Bay leaves - 2 No
Water - 1 cup or more
Maida - 1 tbsp
Heavy Cream - 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp for topping
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp ( or less )
Pepper pd - to taste
Salt to taste
Crotons / Fried bread pieces
- In a sauce pan add chopped Tomatoes , water , bay leaves, pepper corn and boil them till the tomatoes are mushy.
- After the tomatoes gets cooked well switch of the flame and cool them .
- Remove the bay leaves and Blend them in a blender till smooth , strain them a keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and then add maida . saute till they get roasted well , Mix them well with out any lumps .
- Now transfer the puree into the sauce pan again and boil them add water if needed
- Add pepper pd ,tomato ketchup , salt to taste and mix well. Boil them well for few minutes.
- In the end add cream and cook them for a while .
- Serve the Hot with croutons and top little cream on the sop to garnish .
Thanks to the BM group for this thought to tribute this wonderful person. May her soul Rest in Peace .