This months challenge for HBC was hosted my +Priya Suresh aks and she challenged us with an array of delicious biscotti's . This was my first ever biscotti I made they cam out so yummy . Infact I made them twice, the first time I didn't get the exact look as priya aks lot . Her biscotti's were perfectly cut and looked fabulous I didn't wanted to post those biscotti as I haven't got the exact shape and cracks were troubling me. But the second time I made them they turned of to be wonderful . I got addicted to these healthy and yummy biscotti's it was worth making twice . Thanks for challenging and sharing this delicious recipe aks.
Biscotti are twice baked cookies which oblong shaped . They are generally dry and crunchy can be made with lots of variations. These are originated from Italy which are traditional served with drinks like coffee . Lets move the this delicious and addictive biscotti recipe.
Recipe Source : Priya's Versatile Recipes
1+1/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Rolled oats
1 tbsp Cocoa powder
1/4 cup Chocolate chips ( Melted)
2 tbsp Chocolate chips
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2-3 tbsp - Milk ( optional)
1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
1tsp Vanilla extract
A pinch Salt
- In a bowl take flour,rolled oats,cocoa powder,baking soda,baking powder,salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the butter,sugar until they turns smooth. Add in the melted chocolate,vanilla extract and give a quick stir.
- Now mix the dry ingredients,chocolate chips and knead as a soft dough, if its hard to knead and the dough is crumbly just sprinkle few drops of milk as needed to make is soft .
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Roll the dough as a 2 logs as shown in the pic below and transfer it to a baking sheet lined over a baking tray / a greased cookie tray.
- Bake the log for 20-25 minutes. Cool it for 10 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, slice it diagonally as 1 inch pieces or roughly to get around 15-20pieces from the log.
- Bake it again for 5 minutes.
- Flip the biscottis and bake again for another 5 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
- Store it in a air tightened box.