As you all know I chose mango as my fruit for this week's BM theme " Cooking with fruits " . I was thinking of making for savoury with fruits and so popped this delicious Fajeto from gujarati cuisine which i saw in a TV show long long back.It was so delicous with mango flavor it makes us want for more :). Fajeto is a yogurt gravy made with mango pulp and yogurt which is not considered as kadhi or sabzi it is a separate kind of gravy which can be used to accompany with rotis or used as a gravy for rice.It is is some what like a southindian morkuzhambu can be said as mango morkuzhambu. Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34.
1/2 cup fresh/ canned mango pulp ( I used canned)
1 cup Curd /Yogurt
1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 cups water
1 tbsp ghee
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
2 - 3 dry red chillies
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 sprig curry leaves
2-3 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
- In a bowl mix Curd mango pulp , turmeric pd, salt and keep it aside
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the Ginger garlic paste , dry red chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves . Saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the curd-mango mixture, mix well and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar in the end and boil them. Switch of the flame once the raw smell of besan goes off and the gravy become a bit thick .
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.