I was so eager to try this custard halwa once priya aks posted it on her other blog . They tempted me so much and I made an mango flavored halwa from her custard pd halwa recipe . They turned out so yummy and I made them for a diwali get together we had last week end . This halwa was a great hit and the guest started asking me for the recipes . These are super lite not too heavy halwa like the corn flour halwa but the flavor gives it added advantage to fall for .I have tried making this halwa long back when I was a non blogger but they didn't set nicely , I was so happy to see the glossy and jelly like texture of this yummy halwa .
Thanks to Priya Suresh aks for sharing this delicious halwa I almost made this halwa as the given measurement but changed the sugar level and added flavor to it by including mango puree to it :) Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34.
Adapted from Cook N Click .
1/2 cup Mango flavor custard powder
10 nos Cashews (finely chopped)
2 cups Water
11/4 cups Sugar
2 tbsp Ghee
2 tbsp Mango puree ( I used canned one )
Sliced nuts for garnish ( optional)
- In a bowl take custard powder,sugar and water, mix well without any lumps.
- Transfer this mixture to a heavy bottomed pan, cook in simmer until the mixture gets slightly thicken.
- Add the mango puree and mix them well.
- Add the chopped cashews and ghee, cook in simmer until the mixture turns thick and leaves the corners of the pan while mixing.
- Once the halwa it done , transfer it to a greased plate or a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the sliced nuts over the mixture if needed.
- Cut the halwa into desired shape once the halwa cools down completely .
You can try this halwa with different flavors and also use vanilla flavor to make them .