Puddings are my favourite desserts , I love them when they are not too heavy and lite to eat and the mango flavor is the one i love the most in desserts .Mango is my favourite fruit which is naturally sweetened and so yummy as is but i like to experiment them in desserts. I always crave for mangoes in fall and winter and so I buy a can of mango puree to make some dessert out of it this helps a little to reduce my craving level . So this time I made a lite not too heavy pudding which was a heaven to me , they tasted so delicious .
Using of mango custard pd in this was a very nice combo and added the extra flavour to this pudding .They were super lite and melting in mouth . This is complete vegetarian pudding as there is no gelatin used in it. I used agar agar flakes but use can use agar agar pd too. Lets move to this light and delicious pudding .
Mango custard pd - 2 tbsp
1 1/4 cup milk
Sugar- 1/4 cup
Agar Agar (china grass) flakes / agar agar pd- 2 tbsp
Mango puree ( i used can ) -1/2 cup
Water - 1/4 cup.
- In a bowl take custard pd and mix it with 1/4 cup of milk and dilute it without any lumps .
- In another bowl take water and sprinkle the agar agar flakes in it and set it aside for 10 mins.
- Then dissolve the agar agar mixture in microwave for 4 mins or till the agar agar dissolves completely (chk them after each min when you are dissolving in microwave ).
- In a sauce pan heat rest of the milk and let it boil.
- After it boil's add sugar, custard pd mixture and mix well .
- After a boil add agar agar mixture and and mix well till it is well combined .
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down a bit .
- When it is lukewarm add the mango puree to it and mix them well.
- Transfer it to moulds or a glass and leave them to set for at least an hour to 2 .
- As we are using agar agar it sets well in room temperature but if you want to chill you can even refrigerate.
- If have set them in moulds carefully transfer them to a plate
- Garnish it with cherry and serve them chilled.
- You can also dissolve the agar agar on a stove to in pan ,basically agar agar takes time in melting compared to gelatin .
- You can try any flavor strawberry , vanilla with this recipe.
So my fruit for this week is mango for the theme Cooking with fruits :) coming up some more mangolicious recipes :)