I love orange kheer which I made months ago and blogged about it but adding a veggie to it was a challenge for me . This another experiment which i made an innovative kheer . For the last day of BM week under the theme " Desserts with veggies" I was thinking of making kheer again with some difference . My H loved the orange kheer i made few months back and so i decided to use of the oranges which were lying in my pantry . To add a twist to this I also included an veggie which My H didn't even guessed when I said it is potato he was amazed and I was happy to see his reaction. All kheers are not preferred to drink the hot some kheers only taste good when they are chilled mainly if we use a fruit or veggie to it , so this kheer should also be enjoyed chilled and they tasted heavenly . The juicy orange in between every spoon of the kheer was like mind blowing . They tasted so yummy and no one will find out that it contains potato in it . Lets move to the delicious recipe to make this yummy kheer.Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34.
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Potato ( grated ) - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Orange ( remove the segments without pith ) - from 3 No
Condensed milk - 3/4 cup ( Adjust to your taste )
Nuts ( Almond / pistachios ) - For garnish
- In a sauce pan heat ghee saute , Saute the grated potato till they change the color but don't brown them .
- Add 1/4 cup milk and boil till the potatoes cook well.
- Now add remaining milk and boil the kheer , it will become thick in a while
- Add condensed milk and stir them well.
- Stir them continuously and boil them in simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the kheer cool down .
- Add the orange segments to the kheer only when the milk is completely cool.
- Serve them chilled.
- Stir the kheer continuously while cooking to avoid sticking to the bottom and burning.
- Add the orange segment only when the milk is totally cooled down in room temperature.
- Do not heat this heat again after adding orange to it , it may lead to curdling of milk .This kheer is served chilled only .