I was so tempted by the murukku been shared by our blogger friends from past few days for diwali and so made this healthy and crunchy murukku a perfect snack and can be served as an evening snack with a warm cup of tea. These are super crunchy and a healthy version which my kiddo loved this a lot and finished them all .
Here is have used a store bought quinoa flour but you can make this at home too will post that i separate post . Murukku are very well known indian savory which can be either swirled or in the form of sticks. They are a great side of rice items and can also be a great snack to munch any time in a day.So lets move to my experiment :P .. Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34.
Quinoa flour - 1 cup ( i used store bought )
Besan / gram flour - 2 tbsp
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Blanched Spinach/ palak puree - 1 cup (use as required to made a soft dough)
Salt to taste
Butter - 4 tbsp ( softened)
Asafoetida -1/4 tsp
Carom seeds - 1/4 tsp
- In a bowl put quinoa flour, besan, rice flour, butter, salt, asafoetida and carom seeds .
- Mix them well till resembles crumbly.
- Add the blanched spinach puree and knead them till a soft dough .
- Now take a murukku press with star nozzle and grease the inner parts of the press well.
- Make a cylinder shape of the dough, fill the dough into the murukku press
- and close it.
- Heat oil in a kadai , oil should not be too very hot just put a small piece of the dough for checking it should sizzle .
- Now press all the batter into the oil and fry them in low flame till light golden brown .
- Once done transfer them to a kitchen towel or a tissue .
- Enjoy this snack