My H is an fan of kothamali thogayal he likes green chutney and thogayal a lot so for a difference I tried the thogayal with colorful capsicum . They tasted extremely delicious and my H just loved it. Making use of the colorful capsicum in this made the color of the dish more delightful and appealing . Reason why I used colorful peppers is thats they are not too strong to taste as green one. For 2nd day of BM I made this delicious and yummy tri color capsicum thogayal which can be served as a side for idli , dosa's and any tiffin dishes. Lets move to the recipe of this yummy capsicum thogayal.Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34.
Capsicum ( red , orange , yellow ) - 3 No ( deseeded and chopped)
Dry Red chilli - 2- 3 ( whole)
Tamarind - a small marble size ball / 1 tsp
Urad dal / black gram dal - 2 tbsp
Channa dal /bengal gram dal - 1 tbsp
Oil- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp for tempering
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Salt to taste
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil add urad dal , channa dal and saute till they turn light brown .
- Add red chillies , tamarind,salt, chopped capsicum and saute till the skin shrinks and the capsicum gets cooked .
- Turn off the flame and cool the mixture and blend them with out adding water to a semi coarse paste .
- For tempering heat 1 tsp add mustard seeds , cumin seeds and after they splutter transfer this to the ground paste .
- Serve this thogayal with idli , dosa or any tiffin varieties .
As there is no water added this thogayal is a keeper for 2-3 days in refrigerator.