Who will not want to finish their dinner or lunch with a easy yet delicious dish for their family. Here is an easy breezy curry which is so ideal for working women and even us home maker would love to make a simple dish and spent more time with our family instead of sitting the kitchen the whole day and missing all the family fun . So here is an delicious curry which can be prepared in minutes and tastes so delicious with so very yummy flavor . Potato and Bottle gourd are two veggies which goes so well and makes an yummy combo when added in any dish mainly in curry .
When I saw this month's BM theme as cooking with pressure cooker I wanted to make this yummy curry . This is an simple to make and as you know pressure cooker makes are life so easy and saves gas even :) pressure cooker is one such equipment I can't imagine a kitchen without it as it makes us finish our work so fast . So am up with my first dish a spicy curry totally made in pressure cooker a one pot you might say . Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#35.
Potato - 1 No ( Peeled and chopped into cubes)
Lauki/ Bottle gourd - 1 no ( Peeled and chopped into cubes)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 No ( Medium ,chopped)
Tomato - 1 No ( chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 2 No ( Optional )
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Red chiili pd - 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander pd - 2 tsp
Cumin pd - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add mustard seeds , cumin seeds, let them splutter then add curry leaves .
- Add Onion and saute them till they turn pink .
- Now add chopped tomatoes saute them well till they are mushy.
- Add red chilli pd , turmeric pd , coriander pd , cumin pd, Garam masala and mix them well
- Now add chopped potato and bottle gourd and mix them well till the veggies are well coated with the masala.
- Add only 2- 3 tbsp of water if necessary , cover the cooker and pressure cook them for 1 whistle.
- After the pressure subsides open the cooker and give it a mix .
- Serve them hot with phulkas or Roti and enjoy.