I always used to love the panchamitradam that was made as a parashad for hindu god my neighbors back in chennai used to share the parshad and i used to lick them all . I love banana desserts and so I made this delicious halwa with it giving it a twist by adding chocolate / cocoa pd to it . You will not believe but it tasted some what similar to panchamitradam and so delicious . If you want to use of the over riped bananas lying then this might be a wonderful way to make it in to sweet. So for the 2nd day of BM I made this yummy delightful sweet. They where super yummy and gooey and remember not to over cook them else the sugar will harden . Lets move to the recipe of this yummy halwa .Check Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35
Banana ( Mashed ) - 1 cup
Cocoa pd - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cashew chopped - 8-10 Nos
- Peel and mash the bananas .
- Take the mashed bananas and sugar in a thick bottomed pan and heat it on medium high. Add the ghee. Make sure to stir constantly. The mixture may stick to bottom.
- Add cocoa pd once the sugar is totally melted .
- Add ghee in between regular intervals while mixing constantly.
- Let it cook down till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan and ghee starts separating on the side. Add cashews, take off the heat. Mix everything well.
- Serve them warm and enjoy !!
- Do not over cook them else they will turn hard like a rock .
- You can flavor it with cardamom.