Hope all are having a very nice time with friends and family on this christmas holidays . While all are busy in holidays here I got today an very delicious tea time cake with lots of flavor and aroma in it . We just love tea time cakes and I made this cake as I had this idea of making a cake flavored with some indian spice and to give it a indian touch I included Saffron and cardamom to the cake it turned out a super soft and delicious cake and perfect to snack on any time .
This month for SYS viji had given us wonderful ingredients choices and I got honey as my ingredient and so I made this delicious cake with honey in it . The honey brings a lovely brown color to the outer part of the cake and these were super soft that we where really tempted to finish them the same day. A very light and moist cake with wonderful aroma is what makes it more irresistible. Let mov on to the recipe for this yummy cake.
Maida - 1 1/2 cups
Oil - 1/4 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup ( adjust the quantity as needed to make the batter to a cake batter consistency )
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Honey - 1/4 cup
Baking pd - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom pd 1/2 tsp
Saffron strands - 1tsp soaked in 1/4 cup warm milk
Chocolate chips - 1 - 2 tbsp ( Optional)
Butter or oil to grease the pan
- In a bowl put Honey, condensed milk, Milk, oil, saffron milk mixture, cardamom pd and mix it well.
- Now sieve the dry ingredients - Maida, baking pd and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients in to the wet mixture and mix them well till well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan well with oil or butter.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased pan, top the batter with chocolate chips and bake it at 350 F for 20- 30 mins or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Linking it to Merry Tummy