Wish You all a very happy and prosperous new year :). May this year start with lots of wonderful things happening in all your life my best wishes to all. Oh my an year of blogging is already over last year was an very lucky year and at the year end I have got my .com too, am so exited about 2014 awaiting for lots of happy things to happen . Did any one take a new year resolution ? I never take a new year resolution I don't have any clue what should I take there are many things I would love to do . I am so happy that I got my own domain and i will sure try to improve in the coming year. Thanks to all the kind hearts who have been supporting me a lot this year 2013. 2013 have been a very supportive and encouraging year for my blog and me I have received so many appreciation and overwhelmed to recieve them . Thanks to all my readers for the tremendous support.
So to celebrate our start of next year , on a sweet note I have here a very delicious truffles which i made . This was suppose to be a yule log which priya ranjit suggested for our HBC but too many cracks troubled me a lot and Just was not satisfied so turned them to truffles. I would love to wait to get the perfection in eggless swiss roll.These truffle where a great hit and my H and his friends enjoyed it a lot showering me lot of compliments.
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold water or brewed coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Chocolate Frosting - 2 cups
For Outer Layer
Shortening or oil - 2- 3 tbsp
Candy melts ( I used green color) - 1 cup ( Melt them in double boiler of in microwave for 30 sec )
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a large measuring jug, mix together all liquid ingredients except for the vinegar.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and stir until even distributed throughout the batter. Pour onto un-greased edged cookie sheet (a flat one won’t hold in the batter and you’ll have quite the mess on your hands)and bake 10-20 minutes. depending on your oven.
- When cake is cooled, crumble the cake add the chocolate frosting to it and knead them.
- Divide and make equal sized ball.
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler or in microwave add shortening or oil as needed to make the melted chocolate a little Flowing in consistency.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate coat them well and lift it using a fork , tap the fork so that the excess chocolate will fall.
- Keep the coated truffle on a parchment paper and let the chocolate set .
- After they set melt the candy melts transfer it to zip lock cut a tiny hole and drizzle the chocolate on truffles .
Here is My treat for all my buddies of Blogging world :) Wish you all a happy new year 2014 :)
Linking to Divya's Culinary Journey and Cooks Joy