Here I am with yet another pizza which I experimented without a tomato base sauce . This is much heathier and delicious to taste we liked it a lot :). Giving an Mexican twist to the pizza , when i say mexico the first thing comes in our mind is our very own guacamole right ? so here i have given the pizza an mexican twist by using guacamole instead of sauce :). Guacamole is a great dip with Doritos and tortilla chips but they tasted yummy on top of a pizza too . This is another way to make a pizza with a different sauce instead of tomato sauce always you can try something different and healthier this way .
You can add any topping on this pizza but I had added only jalapeno here . This was an wonderful experiment for me Don't use store bought guacamole for this make it fresh at home so that you can make adjustments to the taste you want them to be . Here my second pizza for my week 3 BM ..Check Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35
For pizza dough
Refer my veggie pizza post to make pizza dough
I used one half part of the dough for this recipe
2 ripe Avocados
1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
1-2 No green chillies (finely chopped)
salt to taste
Black pepper (as needed)
2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
Jalapenos's - 2-3 (cut into roundels)
Mozzarella cheese - Shredded ( as required)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro,chillies, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more. .
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready.
Assembling and Baking Pizza
- Pre heat the oven at 350 F for 15 mins .
- Roll the pizza dough prick it with fork place on a tray and bake it for 10 mins.
- Then remove the pizza base spread guacamole, top them with jalepeno and cheese.
- Bake them on the rack till all the cheese is melted and corner turn light brown in color.
- Enjoy them warm .