Quinoa - 1/2 cup
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Pepper corn - 1tsp / Pepper pd - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli - 3 No
Cashew nuts - 2-3 No
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Ghee/ oil - 1 tbsp ( I used olive oil )
Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee / oil add mustard seeds , cumin seeds.
- After they splutter add curry leaves urad dal , cashew and saute till they turn light brown.
- Add green chillis saute then add quinoa and moong dal add 4 cups of water .
- Add turmeric pd , salt and mix them well .
- Cover the lid and put on the whistle , cook it in medium flame for 4-5 whistles.
- After the pressure completely subsides in pressure cooker open the lid .
- Serve this healthy pongal hot with coconut or any chutney , sambhar and enjoy.
Top it with ghee if needed considering vegan food lovers I Have not added Ghee in it .You can check the other members in this group - "Vegan Thursday" Here.