I am so happy today is my best buddies b'day and am so happy for her. She is a wonderful blogger and a very kind hearted person who is one of those close friends who encourage me and motivate me to always . Its her kindness which attracted me in the first place when i first met her through SNC . She was is a very enthusiastic blogger and I love her cooking style a lot. You know whom am talking about its Viji of Viruthu unna vanga :). Wish you a many more happy returns viji am so glad to be a part of this virtual party in which few of our mutual friends bring some delicious recipes to celebrate the day together . Am dedicating this post for viji's b'day and I wish her many more happy returns to come.
She is a dessert queen that how we call her as her space is filled with lots of drool worthy sweets and desserts and she is an awesome innovator. So today I share a very unique sweet for this sweet person . I still remember how my buddies celebrated my b'day virtually by making mouthwatering breakfast thali and am so glad to be surrounded with such good friends . As it was viji's b'day the frist think struck in my mind is to make the color idli's and chutney again , but i also didn't want to miss the sweet surprise for her so made this Beetroot rasgulla and Tri color Tiffin Thali which includes tri color idli and tri color chutney .
Beetroot rasgulla was in mind to try for a long time and today I experimented it on this spl occasion . I make rasgullas often and have tried my hand making rasgullas with fruits But this was the first I tried with veggie :) and so happy that it turned super yumm and they look absolutely gorgeous don't they :P So here comes the recipe of this innovative rasgulla with a veggie.
4 cups Whole milk
4 tbsp Lemon juice
11/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Beetroot puree ( Boil chopped beetroot in water , when done drain the water and blend them in the blender till a smooth paste)
4 cups Water
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
Few drops of Rose essence
- In heavy bottomed pan take milk ,bring it to boil and keep stirring to avoid burning of milk from bottom of the pan..
- Once the milk comes to boil, add the lemon juice and keep stirring.
- Put the flame in low and cook for few seconds until the milk curdles and is separated from the whey . Turn off the flame.
- Pour this curdled milk to the already lined muslin cloth over a strainer,squeeze out all the whey water and rinse the milk solids/paneer under cold water once to remove the lemon flavor in it and squeeze out the water as much as possible.
- Place a heavy weight over the drained milk solids/paneer to squeeze out the water completely.
- Take the paneer in a plate and knead it well for few minutes until they turns soft and comes together.
- Divide them to medium sized balls and roll them without any cracks.
- Boil the water in a heavy bottomed pan, add the sugar,cardamom powder and Beetroot puree,bring this to boil after the sugar dissolves, turn of the flame and strain them in strainer if using a plastic strainer wait till the syrup cools down a bit .
- After straining them again put them in a heavy boycotted pan and at them boil.
- Add the prepared paneer balls to the boiling syrup. Cover it with a lid , simmer and cook for 15-20 mins.
- After 20 mins turn off the heat and let the rasgullas be covered for 10 mins .
- After they cool down completely you can refrigerator them , or have them as it.
If you see some frothy layer coming while the paneer balls are cooking in syrup just remove them as much as you can using a ladle .