Its weekend and its a busy day for all I hope.. If you are looking for a delicious and a quick breakfast which is perfectly healthy then this must be a option. Oats is rich in fibre rich and a gluten free option to be included in diet of all ages . So thinking of preparing some healthy and delicious breakfast i ended up making this yummy oats pongal. Pongal is always my family favorite breakfast , instead of making them rice i made it with oats and they turned out so gud .
Oats pongal is a quick to make tiffin which needed very less time of cooking and more over if you make it in pressure it can be made in jiffy. Many people include oats in their diet for is nutrient content and most probably it gluten free. As pongal is an very traditional South Indian dish giving it a twist was very interesting.. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36. So make this healthy and yummy oats pongal and enjoy !!
Oats - 1/2 cup ( I used Old fashioned )
Moong dal / Green gram dal - 1/4 cup
Ginger - a small piece
pepper corn - 2-3 NO or pepper pd - 1/4 tsp
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies -2 No
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Oil - 1 tbsp ( I used olive oil )
- In a pressure cooker heat oil , add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves .
- After they splutter add ginger, green chillies saute for a while.
- Then add 4 1/2 cups of water, salt , pepper corn and let it boil .
- After it boil add oats , and dal and mix them well.
- Close the lid and cook them till 3-4 whistles .
- Switch of the flame and wait till the pressure subsides.
- Open the lid and give them a mix .
- Serve this healthy pongal with any chutney and sambhar for breakfast or tiffin .