I Love to have salads and mainly when it is red cabbage my H stresses me take it in high quantity as it is packed with nutrition. When I first saw this Sauteed red cabbage recipe by racheal ray I wanted to make them right away but went on postponing now finally I got to make this delicious and one among the favorites European style sauteed red cabbage. This is one famous German staple served with the main meal , I enjoyed them like a salad though. These are quick to make and so very nutritious .
People who are looking for a nutritious side for their meal then this is a perfect and yummy side too. I loved the attractive color it gave , its was so appealing as you might see . Lets move to this nutritious recipes.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36
Recipe source : food network
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Onion ( sliced)- 1 small
Red cabbage ( shredded) - 1/2
Apple cider vinegar - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Pepper pd - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds after they splutter add onion.
- Saute them till they turn translucent.
- Then add shredded cabbage , saute them till it wilts and cooked.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper mix them well and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir them occasionally.
- Serve them warm as is or as a side for a meal .