Capsicum peanut masala gravy is an perfect gravy to go with Indian breads and a perfect dinner or lunch idea. capsicum and peanut merry so well and they leave out an fantastic flavor. My H love this gravy and gave me lots of compliments. You can make your own variations to this gravy by adding sesame seeds , potato to the gravy too . Over to the recipe..
2 medium Green Capsicum / Shimla Mirch ( chopped)
1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts( Ground the coarsely )
1-2 pods Garlic
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 medium Onion ( Chopped)
1 medium Tomato ( Chopped)
1/2 tsp Red Chilli pd
1/2 tsp Cumin pd
1 tsp Coriander pd
1/4 tsp Turmeric pd
2 tbsp Oil ( I use Olive oil)
1 sprig Curry leaves
2-3 Tbsp Coriander leaves ( Chopped)
Salt to taste
- In a kadai / wok heat oil add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- After they splutter add curry leaves .
- Then add chopped onions and saute them till translucent, add garlic to it and saute for a while.
- Then add Tomatoes and saute them till mushy.
- Now add chopped capsicum and saute them till the change light green in color.
- After capsicum are half done add the dry spice powders - Red chilli pd, turmeric pd , Coriander pd and cumin pd.
- Mix them and saute them for few seconds.
- After the masala is well combined add the ground peanut pd and saute the for 2 mins.
- Add 3/4 cup of water to make the gravy and cook them till you can see oil on the top of the gravy.
- Garnish with coriander and serve them Hot with any Indian Bread.
- You can even add ground dry coconut in this is gravy to make it more flavorful.
- For variation you can skip tomatoes and include tamarind pulp too instead.