I know cereals are the best morning breakfast and I always have some chex or cheerios at my home but my H always is in a hurry to leave home for job in mornings that he doesn't have his breakfast properly and so the cereals bought will lie unattended .. I just was thinking how can I make use of the cheerios, I didn't want to make cookies once i made No bake cheerio cookies , I don't like to have cherrios with milk , I didn't want to make a sweet dish with it and so popped an idea of making this delicious chaat which very popular and originally made with puffed rice but here I tried with cheerio , doesn't that sound an good idea :) and I made them the same way we make bhel puri . Believe me these are one another healthy chaat you can impress your kids with. They tasted very delicious and as I used the honey cheerio I liked its change over into savory.
A very easy simple to make and just mix it up if your chutney is ready. Blogging is making me think to cook different am liking it a lot .. Hope this journey continues for ever in my life . Coming to this Innovative chaat , this will serve a perfect evening time or brunch time snack. Kids who love cheerios will sure be happy to see this savory version. Ok now lets quickly move the recipe of this yummy chaat ..
Cheerios - 1 cup
Carrot -1 No ( grated)
Onion - 1/4 cup ( chopped)
Tomato - 1/4 cup ( discard the seeds and chop them )
Green chutney - 3-5 tbsp ( adjust to your taste) click here for the recipe
Salt to taste
Chaat masala - 1/4 tsp
Green chillies - 2-3 ( chopped finely )Coriander leaves - 2-3 tbsp ( chopped)
Nylon sev - For garnish
- In a bowl add chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, carrot, green chutney , chaat masala , salt and mix them well.
- When ready to serve mix in the cheerios till well coated with chutney and veggies .
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix them well .
- Garnish them with sev and serve them immediately.
- To get the delicious taste the green chutney is very important I used my Sandwich chutney to make this bhel .
- You can even add chopped raw mango it will taste more yummier.