Brownies are one addictive snack kids will sure indulge for snack time. These oven baked goodies is always welcomed by kids and perfect snack time treats to enjoy. For my 2 day of Bm on the theme oven baked treats I planned to bake some brownies and was thinking of making a chocolate brownie but sugar free , I love honey cakes and so I included honey instead of sugar and banana to sweeten the brownies. I had already made Saffron honey cake which was an hit in my home and now I wanted to try them in brownies to .. Honey and banana gives the brownie a very delicious taste and makes to super spongy and moist.
Brownies are similiar to cakes from outside and fudgy from inside it was developed in United state. They can be make in various ways with or without chocolate the one without chocolate pd is called Blondie. Here I made all time fav chocolate fudgy brownies which are lighter in density and using banana and honey as sweetners makes it is different from other brownies. As valentines day is nearing these baked treats can be a great gift for you loved ones :) .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37. Lets move on to this kids friendly brownies ..
3/4 cup All purpose Flour
2/3 cup honey
7 Tbsp Butter
2/3 cup Semisweet chocolate chips (melt in microwave for 30 sec till all the chocolate is well melted if needed melt them for another 30 sec)
1 tsp Baking pd
1 No Ripe banana, mashed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift all purpose flour and baking pd .
- In bowl mash the banana well add honey, vanila extract and mix well.
- Melt the butter, add the melted butter and chocolate chips to the banana mixture.
- Mix them well.
- Slowly fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture without any lumps.
- Pre heat the oven at 250 F .
- Transfer the brownie batter into a greased square cake tin .
- Bake them at 350 F for 20-30 mins till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the brownie in a plate and let the cool for 10 15 mins .
- Cut them into squares.
- Dust them with some icing sugar and drizzle some chocolate syrup.