I love to watch cookery shows a lot and also search for the magazines and cook books for recipes. Blogging is making me ti research more and experiment some unique recipes to share with my readers . Its so overwhelming when all of you like whatever I post , Thanks to you all. Coming to today's post I had noted is recipe from a TV show and tweeked the recipe a bit. Burfi's are always said to be a very traditional and authentic sweet which we always make for some auspicious festival or occasion . There are my varieties which relish from the sweet stores and also in our marriage parties but making at home makes it more interesting and test our patience ;). I am a chocoholic and always love to make dishes with chocolates and when I saw this Indian burfi given the chocolate flavor I was all ready with my pen and paper to note them down . I make chocolate fudge which is simpler to this burfi but with some Indian touches to it makes it more traditional .
This month preeti chose this delicious traditional sweet for the first day and I was so excited to try them . As you all know I have joined this group "Sweet fantasy club" whose brain child is preeti ,a wonderful blogger author of " Simply tadka". Thanks preeti for suggesting two wonderful recipes this month too.. So for Chocolate burfi I opted for a melt in mouth kind Fudgy burfi which was a yummy delight for as after lunch. We enjoyed the Fudgy and chocolaty burfi wish I could pass these burfi's to all my readers and see them enjoy as well.. Anyway for now have a virtual look on these delightful treats :)
14 oz tin Condensed Milk
1 cup Non Fat Milk Powder ( You use the regular milk pd too )
3 tbsp Ghee + extra to grease the pan
Few drops Vanilla extract
3/4 cup Chocolate chips
For garnish Almond flakes
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolates for 30 sec first the remove them, Mix and you see chocolate chunks microwave them for another 30 sec till they are melted and smooth.
- In a kadai heat ghee after it melts add condensed milk , Milk pd ghee, melted chocolate and mix them well .
- Simmer the flame and mix them till well combined.
- They will start leaving the sides pan at one stage when they are ready to transfer on a greased tray.
- Prepare a greased tray probably a square shaped , ahead and transfer the burfi mixture on it.
- Grease the back of a spoon and level the burfi well on the pan.
- Top them with almond flakes and press them a little so that the flakes are nicely into the burfi.
- If you want to make them to peda shape you can shape them to disc and refrigerate them.
- Add any Nuts of you like.
- You can add 5 tbsp of cocoa pd instead of Chocolate chips.
Linking to Lets Brunch sunday brain child of Priya Suresh and veena krishnakumar and CC Challenge of the month Hosted by srivalli.