I was so very excited to try out these yummy crepes preeti suggested for this months fusion dessert "Sweet fantasy club" . I wanted to try out crepes for long time for now but some how missed to try out thanks to preeti of " Simply tadka" for suggesting this yummy chocolate crepes with strawberries . I followed the recipe suggested by preeti as is and the outcome was fantastic :) Thanks preeti for sharing this yummy recipe. Chocolate and strawberries as you all know go very well and are like made for each other . I love the combo and didn't even hesitated to make them as quick as possible.
Crepes are the very famous french pancakes which are thinner and generally made with wheat flour or all purpose flour . They are served with variety of filling it can be a simple whipped cream and fruits which would make them a filling dessert to snack on. Chocolate flavored crepes are classic french pancakes which can be also made into a rich dessert by adding some cream and strawberries with some chocolate drizzled. Considering the richness I have omitted the cream and we enjoyed this crepe as a evening snack :). My daughter loved them a lot as she is one chocoholic and a great lover of strawberries so this was like one delicious snack for her. Over to the egg free chocolate crepe for chocolate lover's :) For this week Bm theme after school tiffin / snack this would be the perfect treat any kid can enjoy .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37.
Recipe Source : Preeti
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk ( You can use skimmed milk too )
2 tbsp Unsalted butter (melted)
1/3 Cup unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 cup sugar pd
1/3 cup water
Vanilla extract few drops
Salt a pinch
1 tsp Oil ( to drizzle on top while cooking )
Strawberries For topping
For serving - Chocolate sauce
- In a bowl mix milk, water, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and melted butter for about 1-2 minute until they are well combined with out any lumps.
- Cover and refrigerate the batter for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan over medium heat .
- Drizzle some Oil on the pan and pour 2-3 tbsp of batter tilting and rotating the pan to coat the surface evenly and form an even circle .
- Simmer the flame to low and once a side is done flip and cook the other side of the crepe.
- When both the sides are cooked ( see to that they don't burn) transfer the crepe to a plate and continue the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve with some chocolate sauce drizzled on them and top them with strawberries.
- You can omit the chocolate pd if you don't like chocolate crepes and add equal amount of flour instead and try them .
- They tastes best when they are still warm but stays soft when they are cold too.
- Use a Non stick pan to avoid sticking.