Cookies are always one of the fav snack time goodies for kids . No kid will say no to cookies specially when they are drizzled with some chocolate on it . This month HBC Sharanya Pathmanathan of Just not the cake . For this month she had suggested bakes with a theme of American Food Holidays from which I chose cookies as they are my hubby like to have cookies a lot and I make them often mainly when it is short bread cookies . These were the wonderful list of bakes suggested by sharaya :
January 6 - National Shortbread day .
January 16 - National Fig Newton day.
January 21 - National Granola Bar day.
January 22 - National Blonde brownie day .
January 23 - National Pie day .
January 29 - National Corn chip day .
Kids also will sure love these chocolate drizzled cookie . Thanks to sharanya for suggesting this yummy recipe I and my family loved it a lot.For this week BM I chose to cook oven baked snacks for kids and I just thought cookies are the best ever snack which kids love a lot. These are a very delicious shortbread cookies in which the corn flour add the crunch and makes the cookies taste different from the short bread cookies. The almond flakes in between makes it more yummier. Then some chocolate drizzled on it will sure tempt any kid to have a bit.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37. Lets move the yummy cookies recipe..
Recipe source : Yudhikayumyum
1 1/2 cup Butter ( at room temperature)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Corn flour
2 cup Cake flour / All purpose flour
1/4 cup Almond flakes or chopped Almonds
Few drops Vanilla essence
1/4 cup Chocolate chips
1 tbsp Milk / Cream
- In bowl Cream the butter until light and add sugar and cream them till well combined and light .
- Add the vanilla essence and beat them , then add the chopped nuts
- Sift the dry cake flour, corn flour in the creamed butter mixture.
- Knead them to a soft dough.
- Roll them ina form of log an cover it with cling flim.
- Refrigerate them for 30 mins or more till they are firm.
- Pre heat the oven at 250 F
- Slice the log in to roundels and place them on a greased cookie tray.
- Bake the cookies at 250 F for 15-20 mins till the side turn light brown .
- Let them stand on the cookie tray for 10 mins and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool them.
- Melt the chocolate chips in microwave for 30 secs and stir them .
- If it is not melted completely microwave for few more seconds.
- Add milk to make them a bit flowing consistency.
- Transfer this to a ziplock bag , make a small hole in the corner.
- Drizzle this on the biscuits , leave the till the chocolate sets .
- Then store in a airtight container.
- You can even roll the dough and cut them into different shapes using cookies cutter.
- You can use pecan as in the original recipe instead of almonds.