As a Kid I love to have bun butter jam and plain sweet buns a lot and they where perfect after school snack for us. so while going home we used to drop by the bakery store to get some sweet buns and most of the time bun butter jam :). They were my childhood fav and i just loved to have them even for lunch. When thinking of some baked kids snack i remembered as a kid how crazy was i to get a bun butter jam from my fav bakery every time especially there was a specila bun butter jam in which instead of simple butter they used add butter cream and jam with a sweetened cherry on top, I just loved them a lot.
This sweet buns were in my to do list from My singapore kitchen blog and I tried them , they were super soft and my H gave a compliment that they were like a store bought bun. I was so happy to see the buffed up buns they really looked very gud . I made Bun butter jam with them but you can enjoy them as is too or stuff them with some sweet or savory fillings too. lets quickly move to the recipes.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37.
Plain flour/ All purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Wheat flour/ atta- 1 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp
Yeast- 2 1/2 tsp or one pouch ( I used Rapid rise yeast )
Sugar- 4 tbsp
Salt- 3/4 tsp
Warm water- 1 cup (adjust accordingly)
Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp at room temperature (If using salted butter do not add extra salt)
- In bowl add all the ingredient except butter .
- Knead them for 10-15 mins then add the softened butter and for a soft dough.
- It will be a bit sticky, grease a bowl and the dough on top .
- Cover with cling wrap and rest it till it doubles in size its takes about 1 -2 hours.
- Punch the dough and divide the dough to 6-7 parts.
- Cover them and let them rise for 45 mins.
- Bake at 180 degree C for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool them on a wire rack before storing them.
- These buns are perfect to make bun butter jam , cream buns and also can be used for savory dishes or just enjoy them as is .
Bun Butter Jam
Butter cream / Butter/ sweetened Cream cheese - As you need
Strawberry jam / any flavored jam
Buns - 2 No
cherries - For garnish
- After the buns cool down slit them into halves.
- Spread generous amount of butter / butter cream / cream cheese in one side and strawberry jam in other half of the buns .
- Then keep the jam spread bu on top of butter spread bun .
- Make swirls of butter cream if needed and decorate with a cherry.
- Your delicious snack / breakfast is ready to enjoy !!