As a kid I loved to have doodh roti a lot which is nothing but crumbled roti in warm milk with sugar . I use to soak it atleast for 10 mins and then use to enjoy them . Like mom like daughter my daughter too enjoys dhoodh roti a lot so I thought why not make a sweet dish out the traditional baby foods given in our home. Milk sweets are always delicious delight one relish and most popular Indian milk sweet rabri is all I carved for . Instead of the usually rabri which takes too long to prepare I found this new way to make an delicious creamy rabri.
As we have leftover roti some times I love to make some interesting recipes with the leftover ones, and I thought instead of making an savory dish again why not I try a sweet dish with it . This is an yummy and creamy roti rabri which I loved a lot and daughter was all yum yum !! I used the leftover roti's which were made for our afternoon lunch , you can use fresh roti's even for this recipe. I tried adding chocolate flavor to the rabri and they were Yum O Yum. I will be making this yummy rabri again and again. Now coming to the recipe
Roti/ chapathi - 3 Nos
Milk - 2 Cups
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup ( Adjust according to your taste)
Vanilla extract- few drops
Sliver foil / Varak - 1/2 sheet
Pistachios - Few
- Crumble the rotis roughly with you hands and keep them a side .
- In a sauce pan heat the milk and let it boil.
- After the milk boils simmer the flame and add the crumbled roti to it.
- Cook them till the roti is soaked well and the mixture thickens a bit.
- Add condensed milk and mix them well.
- Cook them it the consistency is like rabri .
- Turn of the flame add vanilla extract and mix them well.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl , garnish them with varak and pistachios .
- Serve them warm. They taste yummy when served warm, if you allow them to cool they thicken up more so enjoy them warm.
Once the rabri is all ready , turn of the flame and just mic it nutella . Here I mixed in 1 tsp of nutella to half the rabri . your chocolate flavored roti rabri is ready to serve.