I love drinks made with Mint as they are very refreshing and makes as feel so fresh . It is the perfect way to Hot Humid afternoons even though its cold here I just needed a refresher so prepared this healthy and super yummy Frozen mint lemonade which I love to drink a lot. Limonana is an national drink of Israel but you might be knowing we get them in streets in india in name of pudhina chikangi right ? the only difference is these are frozen and slushy delights which make them more refreshing .
Limonana is must needed drink of middle eastern countries and is a very simple , easy to make lemonade slush. You can avoid straining the juice as it gives more refreshing taste. Perfect drink to survive in Hot and humid weather but can be a refreshing one any time of a year .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37.Lets quickly move on to the drink recipe ..
1 cup Lemon juice ( Freshly squeezed)
1 bunch Fresh Mint Leaves
6 sprigs Fresh Mint, For Garnish (optional)
2 cups Water
3/4 cup sugar
- In pan take sugar and water and Boil them on a stove till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Keep the prepared syrup to cool.
- Pluck and clean the mint leaves .
- In a blender put mint leaves , lemon juice and sugar syrup and blend them till the mint leaves and well combined.
- Strain the blend mixture and pour them in a container or in a ice cube tray .
- Keep this mixture in freezer and freeze them for about 3 -4 hours .
- After the set well just break the ice if you have freezed then in a container, but if you have them freezed in ice tray then it is much more easier.
- Put those ice cubes in a blender and pulse them till the ice is crushed .
- Pour the crushed ice in a glass and serve them chill.