Lemonade is excellent thirst quencher all over the world . Who will say no to a lemonade on a hot sunny summer day. Todays recipes a simple and all time fav drink which an street food drink in Thailand. Its very popular drink and is called as "Nam Manao" in thai. This drink is generally accompanied with thai curry and they go very well with spicy food. This citrus juice with simple sugar syrup is generally is called sikangi in India . Some recipes are so similar all over the world and am so happy to encounter them and share here.
This popular drink in Thailand is generally sweetened and served if you find them at street vendor, But in restaurants syrup is generally served separately.. Over the the simple and refreshing Limeade .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37.
1 Lime /Lemon
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Water
A pinch salt
Ice cubes Few
Mint leaves - For garnish
- Squeeze the lemon and strain them in a glass.
- In a sauce pan add sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- Boil them till sugar dissolves and then cool them.
- Add some ice cubes and serve them chilled.
- Garnish them lemon wedges and mint leaves