Parathas are always an yummy way to fill your tummy . Instead od stuffed parathas now a days we love to have plain flavored paratha's . Whole wheat flour is a very healthy way to start a day and so paratha's are served for breakfast too. I made spinach paratha a lot as my H insist to have spinach once a week atleast and I end making this green paratha always . This is one very healthy paratha which kids will surely enjoy seeing the attractive color . Parathas are one way to make you diet a filling and had Builds less calories than from rice.So we make sure that we have roti and rice in a balanced manner .
Paratha is an Indian variety flat bread which is generally stuffed or any flavoring is added to the flour while kneading. There are N number of variations and varieties parathas we can be made . They can be enjoyed with some spicy curry and also go well with raita . Today my paratha is flavored with palak and can be served with curry or raita . My H loves this paratha with Boondi raita . Perfect paratha for kids and elders who our concerned with their healthy diet. Here is have used ghee for serving but you can skip it , these are super soft paratha so they can be enjoyed without ghee even !!
Palak / Spinach - 1 Bunch
Water as required
Green chillies - 3-4 No
Wheat flour - 2 cups + 1/2 cup for dusting
Salt to taste
Oil -1 tsp
Ghee / Butter For serving
- Wash and drian the palak leaves.
- Blanch palak with enough water and drain the water . You can preserve the water and use them as a vegetable stock.
- In a blender put the blanched spinach and chopped green chillies .
- Blend them to a very smooth paste . No need to add any extra water.
- In a bowl put whole wheat flour,salt, oil and the pureed palak.
- Mix them and form them to a soft dough.
- In the moist in the puree enough to make a soft dough you can add the preserve spinach water.
- Knead the to a soft dough and divide the to equal balls.
- Take a ball and dust them well with plain wheat flour.
- Then using a rolling pin roll them to a not too thin or thick roti.
- Heat a non stick pan and slide the rolled dough on the pan .
- Cook them lightly on one side then flip it and cook them on the other side.
- Now again flip them and puff them using a kitchen towel or a kitchen cloth .
- Press it lightly on all sides so that the paratha puffs up well / If they are not puffing doesn't matter.
- Spread some ghee on one side of the paratha and serve them Hot with any curry or raita you like !!