Worm Shaped Bread or caterpillar bread is a very easy to make normal bread given a fancy shape of worm and can be filled with any filling you like. Here I used my all time fav Nutella for the filling as suggested in the video but you can sure fill them with some savories too. These are super soft and yummy bread to go for evening snack , especially for kids after school snack :) They are real treat to the kids virtually and they will sure enjoy them as they look very cute isn't . A very easy to make and super soft worm shaped bread with nutella makes it more addictive.. For this months We knead To Bake aparna of My Diverse Kitchen had left the choice of bread to the member and I was sure to bake this one bread which was in my to do list. Over to the recipe now..
Recipe Source : Adapted from the Youtube video
1 cup All Purpose Flour + some Flour to dust(if needed)
1/2 tsp Yeast ( Rapid raise )
1/4 cup Milk + for brushing ( If needed you can add more to make the dough smooth)
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tbsp Butter ( Softened At room temperature )
Nutella as You need
For caterpillar eyes I used the candy eyes
- In a bowl put all purpose flour, sugar, salt,yeast and Mix them well .
- Add luke warm milk and knead them to a smooth dough.
- If the dough is sticky thats ok after proving and kneading we can make it pliable.
- Add the softened butter and knead them it the butter is nicely combined the dough.
- Grease the bowl and dough and leave them to rise for 1 hour.
- After one hour or when it doubles the size , Punch the dough and knead them for 5 - 10 mins.
- Divide the dough in to three equal parts.
- Dust the working surface , Using a rolling pin roll each one into an oval or square shape .
- Add the nutella in top side of the square on the opposite side of the the filling use a sharp knife, cut strips of the equal size .
- Fold the dough over the filling to enclose the filling and then, one by one, fold each strip over the roll, with equal space in between the strips.
- Pinch the ends of the strips under the dough so that they do not open and come up while baking.
- Slight curve the shaped dough from both corners to make the strips more visible and look like a worm.
- Place this shape worm bread on a lined cookie tray. Repeat the same with other two parts of the dough.
- Brush them with Milk and leave them to prove for 30 mins.
- After the double the size again brush them with milk and bake them in oven at 350 F for 15- 20 mins.
- Bake them till the top of the bread turns light golden brown, cool them on a wire rack.
- Using nutella as glue stick the candy eye on the caterpillar bread .
- Warm them before serving or enjoy them in room temperature.