I like Indo chinese style recipes a lot and try them when ever I am carving for some chinese food one from those is our very own Chinese fried rice . I had learned to make a fried rice from my school and used to prepare at my Mom's place often. My bro likes this fried rice a lot and he often orders fried rice and manchurian when we our out for dinner / lunch. This recipe is one delicious Indo chinese rice from my school book. We had a chance to learn all the continental and international recipes , from there started my journey of exploring foods from different countries yet I used to try only those recipes which family would enjoy and restricted myself from preparing innovative thoughts I got . But now everything have changed after I started to blog, I try to explore everything and put my innovation to work :).
Now coming to the fried rice , the original chinese fried rice contains egg in them and this the indo chinese style we get in India and they are most popularly had with Gobi manchurian , I have shared Broccoli manchurian you can try with them too.. They taste delicious even with tomato ketchup. Fried rice can be made with leftover rice as the grains should be nicely separated , colorful veggies added is the key to make it delicious and appealing. I love to add lot of veggies in fried rice , pulao's and biryani's. My daughter is a picky person and she loves this fried rice a lot so I try to add veggies lot and so this one way makes it easy for me to give her lots of veggies.Linking this CC Challenge of the month Hosted by srivalli... Over to the recipe..
2 cups cooked Long grain rice ( Basmati / Jasmine)
1/4 cup Scallion (Greens from green onion)
1/4 cup Bell Pepper ( I used red and green bell pepper)
1/4 cup Green Beans
1/4 cup Carrots
1/4 cup Cabbage
1 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 tsp Pepper pd ( as needed)
1 tbsp Olive oil ( You can use any oil )
2-3 clove Garlic, minced
1 inch piece of Ginger ( peeled and minced )
2 tsp Red Chilli sauce (adjust to taste)
Salt as needed
- Wash the long grain rice and cook then with 1 cup water in a rice cooker . You can also use leftover rice or rice cooker on stove .The only thing is the rice should separated .
- One the rice is cooked spread on a tray and let the cool .
- Meanwhile cut the veggies to julians or to a matchstick like.
- In a wok heat oil and add garlic and ginger.
- Saute for a while and add the veggies.
- Saute them till the veggies are half done. Don't over cook them.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce , tomato ketchup, salt, pepper pd and Mix them well and saute for few seconds.
- Add the cooled rice and Mix the carefully with out breaking the grains of the rice.
- Mix them till well combined and serve the with gobi manchurian or sauce.
Linking to Lets Brunch sunday brain child of Priya Suresh and veena krishnakumar.. also to Tasty Tuesday by Ma niche