Thirattupal is mine and H's fav South Indian sweet, we back in chennai never forget to get a Box of aavin paal kova and enjoyed them a lot. So in US whenever I miss this palkova I make a quick microwave palkova and enjoy . Thirattupal is what it is called traditionally in south India and are made by evaporating milk for hours with other ingredients But as Modern techniques have improved this can be made in minutes using a microwave . I make this thirattupal often and my friends who visit my home give me a lot of compliments for this. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
I wanted to give this Microwave quick thirattupal a twist by adding chocolate to it and making more yummier and sinful and so I did and here is recipe.. Adding chocolate to it makes it a delight for kids to enjoy and even adult who are chocoholic Like me will never say no to this India sweet given a chocolate twist.So let move on to the recipe of yummy chocolate flavored thirattupal / Paal Kova
Condensed Milk - 1 Tin ( 14 oz)
Yogurt - 3 tbsp
Chocolate chips- 3-4 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
- In a microwave safe bowl Mix in condensed milk, yogurt and ghee.
- Microwave it for 4 mins, Mix the content after every 1 min.
- The texture of the mixture will resemble grainy and should not be Liquid anymore..If needed you can microwave for 1 more min to get the proper
- After 4 mins Add chocolate chips and give it a mix .
- Chocolate chips should melt completely else microwave for 30 sec more.
- Enjoy them warm!!
- You can omit chocolate and make them plain too.
- You can also use 1 tbsp Cocoa pd in place of chocolate chips.