I know all might be knowing the very own Iyengar bakery and this is one spl sandwich which love the most . Even at home when we have any extra veggie sabzi , i used spread the sabzi and toast and enjoy them as brunch after school. They were my fav and I just loved to have them anytime in a day. Mostly with cabbage ki sabzi I wud end up having them as a sandwich than with roti. This serves as an filling and very delicious sandwich for kids after school . A very simple to make and delicious sandwich will is perfect snack for all ages.
I prepared this sandwich with vegetable curry which I usually prepare to go with roti and the leftover where turned into sandwiches for brunch. They are totally filling and tasty , If you have sandwich toasted you can do this with toaster too I simply use a tawa/ grill to make them. You will sure love it and just for the sack to make these sandwich you will make the curry and enjoy unlike me using the leftovers am sure. This sandwich is not same like the iyengar bakery one but its our family fav to add pavbhaji masala and make it more yummy and spicy..Now we will move on to the recipe
6 nos Bread slices
1 no Onion ( chopped)
1 no Medium Tomato (chopped)
1 No medium Potato ( chopped)
1/2 cup Carrots (Finely chopped)
1/2 cup French Beans ( Finely chopped)
1/4 cup Green Capsicum (chopped)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala ( You can more if you are spicy food lover say 2 tsp)
1/2 tsp Red chilly pd
1/4 tsp Turmeric pd
1/2 tsp Coriander pd
3 tbsp Coriander/ cilantro leaves (chopped)
Salt to taste
Ghee for toasting
2 tbsp Oil
- Boil the potato , carrot, beans in water till they are mashable and drain them.
- Use your finger's and roughly mash them leaving some veggies as is.
- In a pan heat oil add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute them.
- When the onions are translucent add capsicum and saute the till they change to a light green color.
- Add tomatoes and cook them till they are mushy.
- Add red chilly pd, turmeric pd, pav bhaji masala,coriander pd,salt and mix them well.
- Add the mashed boiled veggies and mix them till they well combine. Let the curry be a bit dry so that the filling doesn't come out while toasting.
- Turn of the flame and start spreading this curry on a slice of a bread and top them with another plain bread . Do this for all the remaining slices of bread. Heat a grill / tawa and place the assembled sandwich on it for toasting spread some ghee and toast the sandwich from both side in a low flame till light brown.
- Serve them Hot with Green chutney or enjoy them as is.