For april month marathon I had prepared a varied Pondicherry dishes which is my coming up post next ... Take a peek on the thali pic below .. I will talk about the puducherry cusine and dishes in the next post for now I have made this pakoda from puducherry a very crispy and delicious rich nutty pakoda . We had this for our morning breakfast with coffee and milk and they tasted absolutely delicious thanks to priya aks for this amazing challenge . I am sure gonna make this pakoda again and again as my H just loved it :)
As you all know there is an event going on +Divya Pramil space You Too Can Cook .. The event is all about two teams north and south team ..A member from north team and a member south team respectively will challenge the opposite team members with a recipe from their respective zone and opposite teams have to post the same recipe on their Blog .. this takes place every month .. The idea of this event is that we learn so many different recipes from different zones .. Hats off to divya for this great idea .. click here to partcipate
Recipe Source : Priya's versatile recipes
Besan - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts - 1/2 cup ( half broken and half whole)
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2-3 Nos ( finely chopped)
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Garlic cloves - 2-3 nos ( chopped)
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
Curry leaves- 1 sprig ( chopped)
Oil deep fry + 2 tbsp hot oil
Salt to taste
- In a bowl in take besan, rice flour, corn flour, cashewnut ,fennel, cashewnuts,
- baking soda ,galic, mint,curry, salt, hot oil.
- Mix them well till combined and start sprinkling water till they come together to a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai , take a 1 tbsp full and drop it in the oil or use your hands to made medium pakodas and slide them in the oil.
- Fry them in medium flame till they are golden brown from all sides.
- Once golden brown remove from oil using a properated ladle and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Store the pakodas once cold in a air tight container if you want or munch them with a cup of coffee when its hot.