As you know few days back I posted Eggless Basbousa recipe and just love it a lot but I had 5-6 pieces leftover the other day so instead of serving my H the same dessert I made sauce for it and serve this dessert giving it a twist and to my surprise Hubby liked this version with sauce more than the naked basbousa ;) .. I know all of them over here love to use up left overs in a unique way , this is such kind of dessert which you will love to have. I recreated a dessert to another delicious dessert.. I had this basbousa pudding bookmarked from xawaash and this was the perfect way I could make use of the leftovers.
Basbousa in a middle eastern dessert which is made with semolina and is soaked in sugar syrup but in middle east this is another version to serve this semolina cake. The peera sauce which is nothing but the milk fudge sauce is poured on the baked basbousa and soaked for hour and served warm. This version given the basbousa a fudgy taste and believe me it very addictive than the original basbousa.
Recipe source : Xawaash
Basbousa- 4-5 pieces ( How to make basbousa? )
Hot Milk - 1 cup
Condensed Milk - 10 oz
Ghee - 1 tsp
- In a sauce pan grease ghee all over put condensed milk in low flame , stir it constantly.
- Once the condensed milk change to light brown color add hot milk and stir them constantly till well mixed.
- The sauce will thicken and become smooth. At this stage turn off the flame and tranfer it to a container.
- Pour this peera sauce on basbousa and let them soak for 1 - 2 hours.
- Then enjoy this delicious milky pudding warm.